Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Back to School



With freshmen moving to Boston, other students returning to town, and the majority of leases terminating/beginning on September 1st, it's no wonder that Boston turns into crazy town at this time of year. There was a general feeling of chaos this weekend due to the onslaught of moving trucks and students in Beantown. Smart thinking Ikea parked this display truck in Back Bay opposite a popular mattress store. For the record, I've never seen so many people casually carrying mattresses on the streets of Boston!

4 comments:

Sarah G said...

I have a friend that calls September 1st "Boston New Year" because of all the leases that turn over and the new peeps that move in. Rather appropriate if you ask me.

Glad you got a photo of this, I kept meaning to every time I saw it (which has been about half a dozen times in the last week!) and never did.

Lynette said...

Ikea recently opened a huge store in Portland. For the next couple of weeks, I noticed a display truck circling in our neighborhood whenever there was a baseball or soccer game at nearby PGE park. I never could get my camera out and catch a photo, so I'm pleased to see yours.

• Eliane • said...

This is a truck? What a neat idea!!! I wish they would stop by my neighborhood (I'm close to Columbia) and let me shop. Much more convenient than heading to NJ.

Unknown said...

That's so smart of Ikea!