All Saints' Episcopal Church sits just a block from the Ashmont T Station, in Peabody Square. The church was founded in 1867 to serve Church of England members who were working the Old Colony Railroad. In 1872, a wood frame structure was built on this property. Over time, the church's population grew, and soon members were standing outside windows and on the porch during services. In 1892, the cornerstone was laid for a church designed by architect Ralph Adams Cram, and funded by Colonel Oliver Peabody. The church was the first designed by Ralph Adams Cram, and started a trend in American church design. And of course, the church was built using granite from nearby Quincy!