Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Pillow Fight



Saturday was World Pillow Fight Day, and so of course I headed to Copley Square to make sure that you guys got to see some of the action (apparently I really do go for the in depth reporting, George). That's not snow on the ground (thank GOD!), it's the aftermath of the first burst pillow. And that guy in the middle? The giraffe holding the state flag? He's the one that started it all when he ran into the square with a bullhorn on it's siren setting. Click the photo to enlarge, and make note of the other photog in the photo. There were almost as many people there to take photos as there were to pillow fight!

I took a LOT of photos that day - so many that I haven't made it through all of them myself! Luckily for you, there are heaps of photos of the event here, so feel free to check those out. There was also an article in the Boston Globe about how this kind of spontaneous event is a new trend, and you can read that here.

4 comments:

Pat said...

How interesting! Never heard of this before. What a mess if the pillows were filled with goose down and they burst during the fight!

Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Anonymous said...

I never heard of such a thing. Nice photography.

Abraham Lincoln in Brookville, Ohio.

George Townboy said...

Two photographers, one woman clicking her cell phone camera, a cameraman ... too funny. Thanks for risking it all for the report!! LOL

Greyhound Girl said...

OMG- that's so great! Never heard of such a thing and now I'm so sorry that I missed it!