Thursday, May 8, 2008

Do It For The Boobs.

I have taken on an incredible challenge...on Oct 3rd-5th, my sisters (find one of them here) and I will be walking 60 miles over the course of three days. We must be crazy!

But we're not that crazy! It’s for the boobs! We're walking in the Breast Cancer 3-Day, which benefits Susan G. Komen for the Cure and the National Philanthropic Trust Breast Cancer Fund. Every advancement in breast cancer research, treatment, education and prevention in the last 25 years has been touched by a Komen for the Cure grant. They are working hard to build a future without breast cancer, and I plan on raising $2,500 to help bring us closer to that goal!

Please consider making a donation. You can donate online by clicking on the link in the right hand menu bar. Or you can call (in the US!) 800.996.3DAY to donate over the phone. And don't forget to check with your employer to see if they will match your gift!

Without a cure, one in eight women in the U.S. will continue to be diagnosed with breast cancer. How many women do you know? Divide that number by eight. Makes you want to donate, doesn't it?

Thank you in advance for your support! The CDP community has continually amazed me - from teaching me why people leave small stones on top of grave markers and what flowers I've come across recently, to seeing folks reach out when one of our community members suffers a horrible tragedy...I know that those of you who can will donate generously, and those that can't will be sending me lots of positive thoughts and vibes throughout my training and the walk itself. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

No comments: