Saturday, February 16, 2008

Field Trip!



Time for a field trip across the river to Cambridge! I haven't been to Harvard Square in ages, and I headed over last weekend to wander and see what was new.

This place, Cardullo's, is by no means new! Cardullo's is a family run business that opened in 1950 and has been named Best of Boston for neighborhood grocery and "The Greatest: Specialty Imports" by the Phantom Gourmet. I love Cardullo's because it's where you get the candy you can't find easily here in the US: Kinder chocolate, Violet Crumbles, Mars Bars, and the good Dairy Milk made in the UK. They also have a great deli, the largest tea selection in the Northeast, wines, and a plenty of other gourmet yumminess that I can't think of right now.

I'm sure that when most people think of Harvard Square they think of ivy covered brick walls, crowds of smarty pants students, "pahk ya cah in Hahvahd Yahd" and all that jazz...to me Harvard Square is somewhere with great shops, good dive restaurants, and the best hot chocolate in the state. Possibly the country. Over the next week (or so) I'll share with you the Harvard Square I know and love!

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Exploring Cardullo's is always fun:)

BeanTownBoy said...

I love that shot, and Harvard Square. I especially like the newsstand there.

Great post.