Saturday, February 23, 2008

Harvard Square Theater


Hey! It's a theater! The Harvard Square theater is located on Church St and has 5 screens. I love the mural outside the theater, which extends above the marquee, but the best parts are down the bottom here (click to enlarge!). The theater shows first run movies, but more importantly, they show Rocky Horror Picture Show every Saturday at midnight, with live accompaniment. Go in costume, have a blast.

There's more detail about the theater's history here .

4 comments:

BeanTownBoy said...

Very cool mural. I went to a theater in Harvard Sq once that was having a Felix The Cat marathon, lol. I wonder if it's the same theater.

Sarah G said...

That was probably at the Brattle - they always do crazy movie marathons like that! I have a photo of the theater, too - although it's not quite as photogenic. I'll post that one tomorrow!

BeanTownBoy said...

You're right! It was the Brattle, lol. I'll be looking for it!

The Lone Beader® said...

I love that mural too!