Sunday, August 5, 2007

"Buck a box!"


Haymarket is Boston's outdoor food market where you can buy fruit, veggies, cheese, spices, fish, and more. It's definitely a place for sensory overload but once you get past the crowds, and vendors shouting their wares, it can prove to be quite an entertaining and worthwhile visit. Boston accents and characters are plentiful and it's possible to leave with bags full of food for a fraction of what it would cost at a regular supermarket. (Thanks goes to Louise for taking this photograph with my camera!)

4 comments:

Sunkyoung said...

A visit to this kind of food market, especially in the morning, gives me lots of liveliness.

Janet said...

Looks like fun and tons of food.

• Eliane • said...

Hmm, last time I was in Boston I've been looking for this market. I could not find it. And I know I was pretty near. How could I have missed it? Is it open every days?

Doppiavu said...

It's only open on Fridays and Saturdays. It's between Haymarket and Quincy Market downtown. :)