Thursday, August 23, 2007

PO Square


This is one of the walkways through Post Office Square - which is just across the street from the Langham Hotel. Just to the right of this walkway there's a large (and very beautifully maintained) patch of grass. This was taken in the morning, when there's only a handful of folks around, but on a nice summer day you won't find an inch of free grass or an empty bench when all the cubical dwellers head out to get some sun and eat lunch. About halfway down this walkway, there's a small nook off to the right where musicians sit from 11-2 to play music for all of those that have come down to eat lunch in the park, and there are small picnic cushions that you can borrow to sit on in the grass. It's a nice way to escape recycled, stale office air and fluorescent lights for a bit of the outdoors....even if it's just for an hour!

5 comments:

Clueless in Boston said...

Hi neighbors - thanks for visiting my blog(s).

Nice shot. It reminds me a little bit of the arbor at Columbus Park.

I like your photo commentary, it adds a lot to the pictures; and I like comparing your interpretation to mine and Fenix at Bostonscapes.

• Eliane • said...

This is great. I love those urban escapes. I keep on discovering some myself.

Anonymous said...

Makes me want to have lunch next week in po square.... maybe Tuesday?

Sarah G said...

Wallaby, I can always make time for lunch with you! Tuesday doesn't work, though.

Marc said...

One of my favorite places in Boston is Post Office Square. Can't tell you how many times I've hung out around there to read a bood or just relax. Definitely an oasis in the heart of the Financial District.